- Joseph O. Thomas Volunteer Award goes to Pam Taylor – For extraordinary volunteer service to Down Syndrome of Louisville.
“Pam has been dedicating her time and talents to DSL for many years She unselfishly gives of her time. Her hours devoted behind the scenes would be impossible to add up!”
“Pam is always willing to help and go the extra mile!”
- Diana Merzweiler Commitment Award goes to Dr. Jenny Kimes- – For a DSL employee who has made an extraordinary commitment to DSL.
“Jenny goes above and beyond for all kiddos and adults!! Especially with the DS diet!“
“Jenny has such a heart for our families, she selflessly gives of her time no matter when she can fit it in. Thank you, Jenny, for all that you do. “
- Mary Carter Award goes to Susan Hovekamp – Outstanding service and contribution resulting in the improvement of the quality of life for people with Down syndrome
“Susan Hovecamp deserves the Volunteer of the Year award for her exceptional work bringing yoga to individuals with Down syndrome at Down Syndrome of Louisville. Her inclusive approach and dedication have positively impacted the lives of children, tweens, teens, and adults, promoting physical and emotional well-being.”
- Citizen’s Award goes to Ethan Kelley & Chris Payne- Outstanding Achievements Enhancing the Value and Dignity of Persons with Down syndrome.
“Ethan has come a long way in developing his full, best life. He works two jobs. One at the YMCA and one at an attorneys office. Ethan is also an avid swimmer and pianist. He performs for his friends and anyone who would like him to play for them. Ethan also attends the Academy at DSL where he loves learning new life skills.”
“Chris has been a wonderful additon to the DSL community. He is a dedicated advocate for DSL, representing us at many events. He even traveled to Washington D.C. with us this year to advocate on the Hill!”
- Young Volunteer Award goes to Jaelin Howell – Extraordinary Service to Down Syndrome of Louisville, Inc.
“As a professional football player for Racing Louisville, and friend to DSL Jaelin’s unwavering dedication and selfless contributions have made a profound impact. Jaelin ensured every home game featured an honorary captain with Down syndrome, hosted the BFF dance, held a soccer clinic and more. Thank you, Jaelin!”
- President’s Award goes to Matthew Goodin– The President selects this award to present to a current board member who has gone above and beyond for DSL.
“Matthew has provided exceptional leadership skills in taking on the Treasurer posititon of the DSL Board this past year. Matthew truly cares about the mission of DSL. “
The President’s Gavel goes to Ed Kenney– The gavel is presented to the outgoing President of the Down Syndrome of Louisville Board of Trustees.
“Ed has been a tremendous leader for Down Syndrome of Louisville. He has invested his time, talent to be a true partner in success. Thank you, Ed for your leadership.”
Awards are voted on by DSL Staff and Board Members.
You can nominate someone for our 2024 Awards Here.