Meet Our Partners
We partner with many other local organizations whose friendship only makes us stronger.
There are many national organizations that serve individuals with Down syndrome as well as local Down Syndrome Associations.
We love working with other non-profits to improve our community for those with disabilities. Here are just some of the great organizations we work closely with.
It takes a village to offer the variety of programs we offer here at DSL, here are just some of the organizations whose partnership helps make it possible.
Down Syndrome of Louisville depends on many generous donors to help fulfill our mission. Here are just some of these amazing donors.
Community Event Calendar
A list of non-DSL events offered in the community.
Our Community Partners
- Achieving Dreams Summer Camp with Dreams with Wings – For teens, ages 13-21, with a diagnosis of Down syndrome. Camp runs each summer June–July
- Arc of Kentucky
- Associates in Pediatric Therapy – Associates in Pediatric Therapy (APT) is a therapeutic clinic practice providing services for children with special needs in Metro Louisville, Lexington, Bowling Green, Northern KY, and Southern Indiana.
- Bellarmine University:
- Bellarmine Medical Advocacy- Down Syndrome of Louisville self-advocates are helping medical students at Bellarmine University by doing disability training and education sessions.
- Attend Bellarmine University
- Critically Loved – DSL partners with Critically Loved to help support our families and caregivers. Critically Loved provides us with “Hospital Care Packages” for those families who may be in the hospital long-term. They also provide many other support groups and resources for caretakers.
- Derby Dinner Playhouse: Theatre Camp
- EdChoice – Generally speaking, educational choice is the process of allowing every family to choose the K-12 educational options that best fit their children. Every child is unique, and all children learn differently. Some children might succeed at their assigned public school, while others might fit in better in a different environment. That’s why educational choice is so important! Due to the passage of House Bill 563, Kentucky will soon have more educational choices than ever before.
- Equipping Minds/Brain Games – DSL Utilizes Equipping Minds/Brain Games methodology in many of its programs
- FEAT – Nearly 30% of our members with Down Syndrome have a dual diagnosis of autism. We are happy to work closely FEAT to be sure our dual-diagnosis families are supported. Families for Effective Autism Treatment (FEAT) of Louisville is a non-profit organization that actively supports and funds autism programs for the entire family. Created for families by families, FEAT of Louisville is dedicated to easing the autism journey through ongoing support, education, and programs including the Autism Friendly Business Initiative.
- Fitness 19 – Fitness 19 welcomes our Adult Development Academy for group workouts
- Girl Scouts of Kentuckiana
- Heartland Music
- Indiana Disability Rights
- Ivy Tech University
- Jefferson Community and Technical College
- JoAnn Fryear School of Dance
- DanceFit – Dance Fit is a dance-based, low-impact exercise class that includes beneficial movements for bilateral coordination and body awareness. Led by community dance instructor Liz Bizannes.
- Kentucky Center Ushering
- Kentucky Protection and Advocacy
- Kentucky Shakespeare
- Little FREE Public Libraries – DSL now proudly sponsors two Little Free Diverse Libraries, or as we like to call them, the Kindness Warrior Libraries! These library boxes will always hold books that showcase diversity, with an emphasis on authors, illustrators, and characters from the disability community. We are so grateful to the Carter Family, New Albany High School Theatre Department, and Dad’s with Tools who built our beautiful Kindness Warrior Libraries! Check out our locations for fun new reads.
- Louisville Ballet
- Sing for your Seniors
- Skyler Sharing Smiles – Skylers Smile Baskets provides smile baskets to new families who have a child born with Down Syndrome. These baskets will be filled with goodies for mom and baby. Each basket will be put together with love. We hope it will continue for a long time and we can put a smile on the new families’ faces and let them know there is a huge community of support and love going through the same journey.
- Special Olympics Indiana
- Special Olympics of Kentucky (SOKY)
- Think, Move, Learn
- University of Kentucky Human Development Institute
- University of Louisville
- UofL Art Therapy
- UofL Medical Advocacy
- UofL Music Therapy Program