We are so excited to launch our new app for our families, friends & supporters!
Why an App?
- Currently, we rely on many different types of communication including emails, social media posts, etc. which can create a scattered and disjointed experience for our families. A Mobile app allows us to consistently reach all families- despite differences in how they consume content. Apps are nearly universal!
- You can control how/when you get Notifications- i.e.: You can decide what notifications you get and what you do not, but you will always be able to check the app for the latest information when you like.
- Communication and group discussions will not be at the mercy of any particular social media platform.
Get the App:
For our Families:
- Current Families:
- This includes DSL parents/guardians, adult siblings, grandparents, staff, and board members.
- Our DSL members themselves will not need a login at this time.
- Click in the top right-hand corner where you see “Sign In.” The first time you login you will need to get a code sent to your email,
but it will never ask for that again after the first time.
- Once you are logged in, you can:
- Update your Profile so that your DSL Family can reach you.
- Join the DSL Family Group! This will be the MAIN COMMUNICATION CHANNEL we will use for all things DSL. We will still send our Friday DSL Family emails and Monthly DSL Supporter Emails, and only text when it is super urgent.
- Join or Request to Join whatever other Groups interest you/ make sense to you.
- Set up Your Notifications: Within each group, you can go to the three dots in the top right-hand corner and choose your notification settings.
- Push notifications for Posts: If this is toggled to “on” you will only be notified when there are new posts
- Push notifications for comments: If this is toggled to “on” you will be notified each time someone comments on a post.
- NEW DSL Families: Just download our app and click the New Family Button- we will get you registered ASAP!
For our Volunteers & Supporters:
- DSL Supporters: Download our app! Everything you need to get involved with DSL will be right there waiting for you.
- DSL Volunteers: These are volunteers who have been through our volunteer registration and training process. Interested in becoming a Trained Volunteer? Download the app and click “Volunteer”
If you have any trouble logging in, please fill out this form.