THE 5-STEP TRAINING GUIDE
Please review the following resources listed under the following 5-Step Training Guide. Steps 1-4 will teach you the primary principles to follow in order to become a Kindness Warrior. Step 5 is a short quiz that will confirm you reviewed the resources and confirm you are ready to be an OFFICIAL KINDNESS WARRIOR!
Reviewing these short videos and reading the suggested articles, should take you no more than 35 minutes. We thank you for dedicating your time to this important mission. We can’t wait to add you to our impressive list of Kindness Warriors!
1. EDUCATE yourself.
Gain an understanding of individuals with disabilities and how you can better support them.
- Use preferred language:
- Watch these two short VIDEOS:
2. ADVOCATE for our friends with disabilities.
You can advocate through all of your interactions, whether they are in or outside of your school or business.
- Watch these two videos:
3. INCLUDE our friends with disabilities in all settings.
Inclusion is important for all of us, and those with disabilities are no exception.
- Watch these two VIDEOS from our members at Down Syndrome of Louisville:
4. INVITE them to be a part of your community.
- Watch this video from our friends at Inclusion Means:
- Employment helps individuals with disabilities be engaged members of the community and is an important part of all our identities as individuals. Can you invite someone with a disability to join your team? Watch this VIDEO: