What we want you to know
Down Syndrome of Louisville recognizes that caregivers need support too. We offer a variety of support services and resources to be sure that those caring for individuals with Down syndrome know that they are not alone.
What We Offer:
- Support for parents and siblings with our Family Support Squads: which include family mentoring, and/or “Nights Out” that can provide much-needed respite.
- Annual “ Mom’s Night Out” at our Louisville Campus in partnership with other area nonprofits who serve parents with children who need extra care.
- We offer a large Resource & Lending Library on our Louisville Campus
- Each Year DSL organizes a Giving Tree to support those DSL Families in need during the holidays. Stay tuned for more information on our 2022 Giving Tree opportunities.
- We have a Support Specialist who can help when crisis situations arrive. If you are in need of crisis support please contact us.
- DSL offers resources on Guardianship and Special Needs Trust. This is something that all of our parents are confronted with and we want to help you.
- We offer monthly Family Education Workshops covering important and high-interest topics to help you and your child thrive.