DSL Chef Level: Easy
Healthy Quarantine Cooking
Guest Chef Anna Gilbert
Week 6 served up surprisingly healthy, but not surprisingly delicious No Bake cookies!! Also known as Preacher Cookies (look up the story – its very funny!), Cow Patties (Eww? but also understandable), and Poogies (not even sure where this came from!), No Bakes have been a cornerstone of the snack food diet for years. This fast, low mess dessert will have you craving their crunchy creamy, chocolate nutty, goopy goodness all day every day. And with Anna’s healthy twist you can enjoy them just that much! Thank you Anna for sharing your delicious recipe with us!!
- 1 cup Peanut Butter
- 6 Tbs Cocoa Powder
- 1 stick butter
- 2 1/4 cup Oats
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup Honey
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- Measure out all your ingredients to make for an easy and quick assembly
- Tip: Spray your measuring cup with non-stick spray before you measure out your honey and peanut butter – these sticky ingredients will just slide ride out, making for an easy, mess-free measure!
- Place butter in pot and melt on stove over medium-high heat
- Tip: For an even healthier cookie sub out the butter for 1/2 cup of coconut oil! Stick with refined coconut oil to ensure you never taste the difference!
- Once butter is fully melted add in peanut butter and allow to fully melt into butter
- Tip: Try using different kinds of nut butters to change the flavor and texture of your cookie!
- Once butter and peanut butter have melted together, stir in the honey and cocoa powder, then turn off the stove-top and drop in vanilla
- Tip: Anna uses Cocoa Bliss instead of cocoa powder for a dose of hidden super-food and antioxidants – another great way to sneak in some extra health!
- Toss in the oats and stir until oats are fully covered in mixture
- Tip: If you are using the microwave instead of the stove-top, heat all ingredients in short 30 second intervals and stir frequently to make sure all ingredients are fully melted and the oats are fully covered!
- Scoop cookie batter out onto a pan for individual cookies, or plop entire mixture into a pan for bars!
- Tip: Anna says “The bigger the better” And remember to spray your spoon or scoop with non-stick spray for a mess-free transfer!
- Let cookies cool fully before eating (usually 30 minutes). Place in fridge for faster cooling & quicker consumption!
- Tip: If your batter is extra runny place in the fridge or freezer to firm into cookies
Anna’s Full Tutorial
Have you made this recipe? Share your experience! Tag @DownSyndromeofLouisville and use the #QuarantineCooking so we can check out your snacking twists!