THE 5-STEP STUDY GUIDE
Please review the following resources listed under the following 5-Step Study Guide so that you too can be a Kindness Warrior in your community.
Reviewing these short videos and reading the suggested article, and then taking the quiz below should take you no more than 30 minutes. Thank you for dedicating your time to this important mission. We can’t wait to add you to our impressive list of Kindness Warriors!
Once you have read the following suggested articles follow the link to take a short quiz. A passing score will make you an OFFICIAL Disability advocate – a Kindness Warrior.
1. EDUCATE yourself.
Gain an understanding of the condition to better support those with Ds and other disabilities.
- Watch these two short VIDEOS:
- READ THIS ARTICLE: Five Things Everyone Should Know About People with Disabilities by Forbes
3. INCLUDE our friends with disabilities in all settings.
Inclusion is important for all of us, and those with disabilities are no exception.
- Watch these two VIDEOS from our members at Down Syndrome of Louisville:
- Then… Check out our Kindness Warrior Book List
- This list has lots of easy reads that you can share with others about inclusion and acceptance.
4. INVITE them to be a part of your community.
Employment helps individuals with disabilities be engaged members of the community and is an important part of all our identities as individuals.
- Watch this VIDEO: The Hiring Chain
- Read this ARTICLE: Valued, Able, and Ready to Work by the National Down Syndrome Society
Want to learn more?
Check out these episodes of our Kindness Warrior Podcast: